Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine: Scarab

Happy Saturday! Today, I have another color from the Sally Hansen Lustre Shine collection - Scarab.

 
Sally Hansen Lustre Shine - Scarab
 
Scarab is a gorgeous, shiny teal duo chrome that shifts to blue (think China Glaze Deviant Darling). The color flash isn't as dramatic as Firefly, but it is still very pretty to look at.
 
Formula is the same as the others, thick, longer dry time, 2 coats for full coverage. It did seem a bit thicker than the rest, and I also had a bit of bubbling, but I wasn't really patient with my coats.





Still love it, despite the flaws, but I'm not as blown away by this one as the other three I've purchased. I'm still debating on whether or not to pick up Plume since it is a Peridot dupe (& I already have OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, another dupe), but all the swatches show it to have a bit stronger golden base. I don't know, guess we will have to wait & see! I also have yet to find the two mysterious colors rumored to be part of this collection - Azure, a dark shimmery blue, and the unnamed purple that was seen in promo pics. I will keep an eye out though!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I really like this one... I'm starting to like the Lustre Shines! D: Help! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! they are super pretty! if you can find CG deviant darling, it's a dead on dupe, and a few dollars cheaper.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...