Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Stamped: MoYou London Stamp Plates, XL Squishy Stamper Review

Hey friends! I have a very lengthy, very awesome post for your reading pleasure today!

So I'm sure you all have heard of the killer new stamping plates from MoYou London, and if not, you need to check them out immediately! It has been quite a while since I have done any sort of stamping, but once I saw the incredible image plates from MoYou (some of the full size plates are seriously amazing), I couldn't resist!

MoYou London plates feature 18 different themes, and continue to expand their offerings quite regularly. The themes vary from The Explorer set, which includes cultural and tribal imagery from around the world, to a Fairy Tale set that offers stunning full image plates of iconic storybook settings. There are artistic plates, French manicure, biker, rocker, sailor, and so much more. What ever you are in to, there is a theme for you.

I picked out three different plate sets, The Pro, The Sailor, and The Explorer. As well as the MoYou XL double sided stamper and scraper.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for personal use.



One of the really cool things about the MoYou plates, is that each theme has a character to go along with them. All of the characters have a definite vintage pin-up girl feel to them. The individual plates come in a sleeve with a picture of the particular character on the front. Most do anyway, my explorer plate did not, but I think this is a fairly new feature, and the sleeves may not be available for the newer plates


The back of the sleeve offers step-by-step directions detailing the stamping procedure.


Each plate has a protective blue plastic cover to prevent any scratches to the plate before you receive them. The plastic must be removed before stamping.


The plates are set in a plastic backing. While it may seem unusual, I actually like this feature. I feel like it adds a bit of extra protection to the plates.


MoYou London Pro Collection - #3

The Pro series plates feature various designs from all of the different themes, more traditional stamping images.


MoYou London Sailor Collection - #4

The Sailor series features nautical designs. This is probably my favorite theme. All of the images are just amazing.


MoYou London Explorer Collection - #3 (XL Design)

The Explorer series has cultural and tribal images from around the world. This particular plate is full of Henna Mehndi designs. There are African, Native American, Egyptian, Maori, Grecian, and Dia De Los Muertos plates as well. Definitely another favorite! I also used it for my test mani.



Used:

Zoya - Louise stamped over O.P.I. - MVIB

MoYou London Explorer plate #3

This may be the best stamping I have ever done! The images are etched on the plate very clean and sharp, as well as deep. The thin tiny lines are no harder to pick up than the rest of the design. The designs are also quite a bit bigger than the Bundle Monster plates I have. I was able to get a full stamp across my thumb, which is a bit wide.




Now, as awesome as the plates are, I'm not sure the actual stamping would have come out as great as it did, if it weren't for the MoYou XL double sided stamper.


MoYou XL Double Sided Stamper and Scraper

A double sided stamper with a small and large sides made from soft silicone, and a plastic scraper.


The stamper is made from a softer silicon than other stampers (the ones with the red stamp). Also known as a squishy stamper, it provides an easier transfer of the design. I had absolutely no issues what so ever with stamping. I was able to get full transfer of the image, all the way around my nail. You don't have to roll it across the nail plate, simply line your nail up to the image, and press it in to the stamper. It is soooo much easier!!! I think I will really love stamping with this thing! It does have a tendency to attract lint, so I would store it in a zip lock baggie and use scotch tape to clean it when necessary.


I was able to get a transfer all the way to the corners of my nail. That was one of my biggest issues with stamping before. I was never able to get the entire nail, let alone the curve of the free edge, covered.

I am totally blown away by the quality and the beauty of the MoYou London plates, and the squishy stamper is the answer to all my failed attempts! I am excited to bring back Sunday Stamped and to play with these awesome new goodies!

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please see my disclaimer.

MoYou London stamping plates and accessories are available on line. Plates retail for £4.99 (about $8 USD) and the Xl double sided stamper retails for £7.99 (about $13 USD). International shipping available.

3 comments:

  1. these look awesome! i just ordered 3 plates for the start but i already marked the explorer plates on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering about the smaller side of the stamper: is it meant for the regular sized (not XL) full nail images?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works fine for the regular sized, but I still prefer the larger pad. I like the smaller end for the smaller single images, rather than the full nail image. It is really nice to have the option of size, tho! Hope that helped and thanks for the question!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...