Tuesday, January 1, 2013

KbShimmer No Whine Left & Don't Teal Anyone

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a fun and exciting New Year's Eve. I spent mine with my little family and some of our friends hanging out, having some drinks, laughing and being loud. Good times for sure.
 
I have finally made the leap into the Indie polish scene with my first two (definitely not last) polishes from KBShimmer. I mentioned one in my 2012 Wrap Up post under the "Honorable Mentions" section because I was really impressed with it. More on that later. On to the pictures!
 

 
KBShimmer - Don't Teal Anyone
 
Don't Teal Anyone is a teal crelly with multi sized hex fuchsia glitters, med and large hex blue and gold glitters and micro fine bar fuchsia glitter. Hello gorgeous! I love everything about this polish; the base color, the perfect mix of glitter, the way it looks like the glitter is floating in the polish, just perfect. Formula was wonderful as well! I have always been leery about Indie glitters because I hate clumpy polish with a passion. This applied so smoothly, no clumping or dragging. I didn't have to fish for glitter either. 2 easy coats. It does need a good thick top coat to smooth out all that texture though.

 
 
 
KBShimmer - No Whine Left
 
No Whine Left is a rich burgundy crelly with multi sized hex blue and fuchsia glitters, large light blue glitter and a small amount of scattered holo glitter. This is the one that did me in (& made my "Honorable Mention" list). It is amazing. I love how the larger light blue glitter looks like it glows in the polish. I literally stared at my nails the whole time I wore it. Formula was a tiny bit thinner than DTA, but still very smooth and easily applied. Again, 2 coats, no issues, polish bliss. Nice thick, shiny top coat for the finish.
 


If all Indie glitters were of this quality, I would be broke. Even more than I am now! I simply cannot get over how amazing and lovely these are. I already have 9 more on my "to-buy" list!

For reference, I used 2 coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat for these swatches. Still trying it out, & plan to review it soon!

Polishes available on line at KBShimmer, Etsy, & internationally at Harlow & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...