Thursday, May 2, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Metallic

Hey guys! Challenge prompt Metallic on time and ready for your viewing pleasure! I had such a hard time deciding what to do or this post. I knew that I was going to use the metallic polishes from the Urban Decay Naked nail set, but I kept changing my mind about the design. And then I remembered how awesome the mani I did for the Polish Days theme last month turned out, so I decided on a splatter mani! Yay!

 
Used:
 
Urban Decay - Toasted (Naked, pink/beige shimmer metallic)
Urban Decay - Hustle (Naked, eggplant shimmer metallic)
Urban Decay - Smog (Naked, bronze shimmer metallic)
 
Straw
 
I LOVE this so HARD! Omg. I can't even begin to describe how awesome it looks in person. I even wore it for a couple of days after I did it! This is definitely my favorite post so far. It turned out exactly how I wanted and I think it looks fantastic.
 
Using a straw for the splatter can be a little tricky, but I think it gives the best effect. I painted 3 coats of Toasted for the base and once it was dry, I used Hustle and painted the inside of the end of a straw and blew out the polish on my nail. Next I used Smog and did the same thing. Then I proceeded to clean up. This can get pretty messy, so take your time and be as thorough as you can. Top coat, and done! 



The aftermath of splatter! I'm sure a lot of the mess can be avoided if you use tape or Vaseline, but I was too lazy. Meh, no biggie.
 
Rainbow is next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...