Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pahlish Bad Wolf

Hey y'all!! So I hope you guys enjoyed the guest posts! I am still without my brand new shiny camera, but my awesome father-in-law lent me his point and shoot, which ironically, is identical to my previous camera. So at least I am able to blog and use something that I am familiar with.

Today, I have a new to me Indie brand called, Pahlish. I hadn't heard much about it until the most recent collection was released - one being Dr. Who themed. I am a newly converted Whovian (I have a deep adoration of all things sci-fi/fantasty) and am thoroughly enthralled with the adventures of The Doctor and his companions. From the collection, entitled "All Of Time And Space," I immediately fell in love with Bad Wolf, not only for the color, but also because it was named after Rose and her transformation into the Bad Wolf on Satellite 5.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.

"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words. I scatter them ... in time, and space. A message to lead myself here."



Pahlish - Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf is a taupe color with gold and red shimmer. I just can't help myself with taupey colors. I know they are no good with my skin tone, but I love 'em. This one looks really great, the gold and red shimmer help balance the color for me a lot. The polish, itself, is stunning and the shimmer is rich and complex. The formula was a bit difficult to work with, being thicker and having some leveling issues. I wasn't pleased with the outcome of my first swatch, so I added a few drops of thinner (cause thinner solves all the problems!), shook it up and let it sit for day. It made all the difference in the world! 2 easy coats, followed by a layer of Glisten and Glow, then Glossy Glam. I was a little irritated that I had to add thinner, but am overall pleased with the polish, because it is seriously gorgeous!





(Macro)

Seriously, that shimmer is totally killer! I love the red shimmer a lot of indie makers are using, it creates an inner glow that is always so pretty.

Oh how I want all the polishes in this collection! Especially Mad Man With A Box, The Oldest Question, and the special duo - EXTERMINAAAATE!

So what do you guys think? More importantly, are you a whovian?!?

Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

Pahlish is available on line. Products retail for $9.00 a piece, special duo sets retail for $15.00

3 comments:

  1. The beautiful shimmer adds another layer of dimension to this cream polish, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know! I am a totally sucker for a good shimmer!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a Whovian (ehehe) but I do love this polish! The shimmer is gorgeous, and I love the nude color -- it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...