Friday, November 28, 2014

China Glaze Well Trained Fall/Winter 2014 Color Trends

Hi friends! Are you all recovering from yesterday? I, for one, am staying home and attempting to clean my house a little. I can promise you, it is not a pretty sight! But before all that, I am back with another Color Trend post, yay!

If you remember back to the first post of the fall series, the Pantone color palette for the fall/winter season included two blue shade: Royal Blue (in the form of Essie Style Cartel) and Bright Cobalt, the featured color for today's post. I have an issue with the color associated with the name "Bright Cobalt." It is neither bright nor a cobalt blue. It is a dusty navy blue if anything. Oh well, at least we have a gorgeous polish like China Glaze Well Trained from the amazing All Aboard collection.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.



China Glaze Well Trained (All Aboard Fall 2014)



Well Trained is a dusty navy blue with subtle green undertones. It is almost teal, but not quite. I think Essie The Perfect Coverup is more along the dusty teal line (in case you are wondering). I really like the color! A lot of darker blues tend to give me lobster hands, but this is very wearable for me. The formula was good, a little thinner than I prefer, but still incredibly easy to work with. This is two coats. As with most polishes in this color family, it does have a tendency to stain. Especially along the cuticle line. So be extra careful when painting so you don't flood your cuticles!


This is a good solid color to add to your seasonal wardrobe - and I think it works really well as a transitional shade as well! I am leaning more towards Royal Blue and Essie Style Cartel, but what about you guys? Which blue do you all prefer?

Last time I checked, the All Aboard collection was marked down for clearance at my local Sally's. So you may have a hard time finding it in stores. But there are several on line retailers who offer China Glaze really cheap - 8ty8beauty.com is one of my favorites.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

China Glaze is available in stores at Sally's Beauty Supply and Ulta. Prices vary by location.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...