Tuesday, July 30, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Recreate Your Favorite Challenge

Heeeeyyyy y'all! Guess what?!? Today is the last, very very last post of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge!!! I seriously cannot believe I made it all the way through! I am not one to finish things, I have a WIP crochet pile to prove it, lol! But those of you that comment here, on twitter and IG have really given me the motivation to finish. So thank you for all the love and support!!!
 
The last theme of the challenge is to "Recreate Your Favorite" and I chose a gradient. I hadn't ever really done one until the challenge and fell in love. Gradients are easy in terms of nail art and can produce some beautiful looks.
 
Soft Gradient
 
Used:
 
Essie - Mint Candy Apple
O.P.I. - My Vampire Is Buff
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Debut - Tint
 
Make Up Sponge
 
When I got Mint Candy Apple and My Vampire Is Buff, they looked so pretty together in my basket, that I knew they would work well for a gradient. And I was right! One of my favorite things to do to a gradient is layer a glitter or flakie top coat over it. Not only does it help blend the two colors, but also add extra depth for that "Oooooohh" factor.

Soft Gradien

Sigh. It is polish love.
 
I hope you all have liked my 31 day posts! I admit, I am going to be a little sad not having a challenge post to work on any more. But I want to keep doing nail art, and am going to be posting different designs on a weekly basis, along with more swatches and other things. Also, I have added a tab at the top of my blog for all the 31 day posts for easy reference and inspiration.
 
Hope you all have a great day and be sure to check back soon. I have some delicious goodies waiting to share!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...