Tuesday, July 23, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Inspired By the Supernatural

Hey y'all! Today is a challenge post day! I am nearing the end of the 31 day nail art challenge, only two more after this one! I honestly can't believe how far I have come by doing this. It has really improved my nail art skills as well as my overall photo skills.
 
The theme for today is "Inspired By The Supernatural," and without a doubt, this was the one I was least looking forward to. Trying to find inspiration was beyond nerve wracking. Late last night, I was complaining to my husband about not having any ideas (while surfing pinterest trying to find one) and he said "How long have you known about it?" quite sarcastically. In the end, I decided to go with a design by Simply Rins, Skull Skittles!
 
Skull Skittles
 
Used:
 
O.P.I. - MBSW
Essie - Mint Candy Apple
Bettina - Wild Orchid
Julep - Lexie
China Glaze - Tart-y For The Party
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
 
Nail art brushes
Dotting Tools
 
Aside from a little bit of streaking, I think it looks super cute! I wanted to go for the same bright feeling Rin's design had, but used colors that I like and go together. Maybe it doesn't exactly fit into the supernatural theme, but what ever. This is what you get from me, so yay!


Skull Skittles
 
 
More KBShimmer goodness tomorrow, and then the last two challenge posts Woohoo!!!

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I'm not entirely sure if they're meant to be cute, but they are :)
    That lavender shade is gorgeous btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yeah I think they are cute too! I just can't pull off creepy!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...