Friday, March 1, 2013

Fashion Friday #4

Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a good week! All I did was run errands, it seemed. But I did have a little time to play around and come up with some fun looks to correspond with a couple of the outfits Camille posted on her style blog, Pretty and Punk.
 

 
 
Used:
 
China Glaze - Surreal Appeal
China Glaze - Turned Up Turquoise
 
Striping Tape
 
Inspired again, by the Prabal Gurung line for Target, this one immediately caught my eye. What can I say, I am a total sucker for bright colors. Also, geometric lines seem to be drawing my attention lately as well. Something about them remind me of my art school days, breaking everything down into it's very basic geometric form. Anyway, A very simple mani to recreate, all you need is a little bit of striping tape!
 
I used China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise (love it, so in-your-face bright!) on all fingers except the middle two. On those, I used ChG Surreal Appeal. Once those were dry, I used a couple of pieces of striping tape to make off center diagonal lines going the opposite direction and painted the outer spaces with TuT. I wanted to create a panel effect similar to that of the dress. Definitely an attention grabbing design, when paired with bright colors!
 
 
 
 
Used:
 
Essence - My Little Kimono
Essence - Fortune Cookie
Nicole by OPI - One Less Lonely Glitter
 
Zig Zag stickers
 
Now this is an awesome look! I am all about unusual color combinations or colors that shouldn't, but do work well together! I love the dress, I love the loud, rock-n-roll accessories, everything. Two things I realized when I did the mani. One, I need studs, like now. Two, I should have made all the nails yellow like my ring finger. Oh well.
 
Again, a simple look to recreate. I started with my base color, and let it dry. Applied the stickers, and painted the tips. Then, I used a small brush to apply the purple glitter accent across each nail. Top coat everything and done!
 
Next week will surely bring more fun and wild looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...