Tuesday, March 19, 2013

GR, FTC & TLC!

Hey all! Hope you guys are having a great morning/afternoon/evening or what ever time it is where you are! Today's post is a boring one, no polish picture spam to drool over. Not fun, I know. But there are some important bloggy things going around right now and I wanted to cover all my bases.

First things first, Google Friends Connect* Google Reader is going away July 1st, so all you that use that as your blog reader will no longer be able to use it. Lame, right? Well, there are plenty of ways for you guys to keep up with me (and all your favorite blogs) after the 1st. I have added a few little blog buttons on my sidebar linking all the different social media outlets I currently use and where you can find me and my blog! I am most active on twitter, but you can use Blog Lovin' and Hello Cotton to read all the posts. I will soon be adding a Facebook page and a Google + page to the list as well.

Now for some serious business of sorts. The FTC (federal trade commission) has decided to impose a few new rules to product blogs. Many beauty blogs offer review of products, mine included. More prominent blogs works with companies and can be supplied with sample products to review. Since I am still a newbie, I have always paid for the polish I have shared, here, on my blog. But when I do a sponsored review, there will be several obvious indicators that the products I will review were given to me by said company. I will always give an honest straight forward review, and will always offer full transparency when doing so. From now on, I will be adding a little blurb at the beginning of each post whether or not the products I am reviewing are provided to me or purchased on my own.

Alright! Congrats if you made it all the way through! I promise to have polish goodness tomorrow. Maybe a few swatches of the new Hard Candy polish?

XO,
B.

Edit: *Apparently GFC is NOT going away, it is Google Reader that is being discontinued on July 1st. I mistakenly thought they were linked. Oops!

2 comments:

  1. Dahling, Google READER is going away this summer, not Friends Connect. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my bad! Thought they were linked. Fixed the post, thanks for the heads up!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...