Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Julep March Box - Bombshell

Hey guys and gals! How's March treating all of you? It was been nonstop windy here, in Austin. Some days, I kinda feel like Dorothy and I'm gonna get blown away! Perfect weather to fly a kite, though!
 
Today, I have the Julep Maven box for March. This month was all about playful pastel colors, inspired by spring. I opted for the Bombshell box this month, because my regular box - BoHo Glam - wasn't really doing it for me. Honestly, the last few box picks haven't really wowed me over, except for the beauty extras. But, that is one of the really cool things about Julep, you can pick a different box if you want!
 

 
Julep March Box - Bombshell (Rock Star Hand Creme, Minnie, Adrianna, Strawberry Mint Lip Balm)
 

 
Julep - Adrianna
 
Adrianna is a soft, pastel pistachio green cream. Right now, I am in love with all things pastel green. Going in, I knew I would love the color, and hate the formula. Pastels are notoriously problematic, and this one is no different; streaky, hard to level, thick and gluey formula. A very careful, and patient application is needed for this polish. 3 painstaking coats and I managed a decent finish. Even with a top coat, it still didn't want to completely level. A bit of thinner might remedy some of the issues, though. Pretty color, however, and I can usually forgive a crappy formula if I dig the color.
 

 
Julep - Minnie
 
Minnie is a bright cotton candy pink with a hidden pink shimmer. It is sooooo much brighter in person! I really like it, even though I usually stay away from this type of pink. I think something is wrong with me, maybe Spring Fever? I want all the bright pretty colors! Formula was much better on this one, still a bit streaky on the first coat. Second one smoothed it all out and it leveled out much better. Both this and Adrianna dried more quickly than previous Julep polishes, I have used.
 
 
 
 
And just for fun, a little spring time nail art! Dots and stripes, simple and super cute. I love it so much, it makes me smile!
 
The extras in this month's box are really great too. The Rock Star hand creme is awesome, with a nice floral smell. The strawberry mint lip balm is good, a tad oily though. Overall, I am pretty pleased with the box this month. I wish the formulas were a bit better, but it was expected.
 
 
If you are interested in signing up for your own Maven box, click here. Don't forget to use the code "PENNY" to get your first box for one cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...