Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Holiday Special

Hey y'all! Today is a special edition of Twinsie Tuesdays. In case you didn't notice, all the Twinsies decided to take a short break over December, as the holidays and family commitments were taking up a majority of our time. But we wanted to do something special to celebrate the holidays with each other and you all, so we decided to do a double mani post honoring the Christmas and Hanukkah holidays.

I, personally, love this idea! While I'm not particularly religious, I believe it is important to recognize all beliefs and traditions. Only when we open our hearts to everyone can we truly begin to understand the notion of love and acceptance. Okay enough soapbox, time for the nail art!




Used:

O.P.I. - Don't Bossa Nova Me Around
O.P.I. - L.A.M.B.
O.P.I. - First Date At The Golden Gate
O.P.I. - Live Love Carnival

Chevron vinyl nail guides
Dotting tool

I love how nontraditional this looks! Holiday nail art is way over done, in my opinion. There are only so many ways you can do it. So I wanted to add a little retro spin and go in a completely different direction!


Used:

O.P.I. - Incognito In Salsalito
O.P.I. - This Gown Needs A Crown

Chevron vinyl nail guides

So I had no idea what to do for the Hanukkah portion of the post and Pinterest was a bust for inspiration. I decided to go with something really simple and cohesive with my first look. I like the overall look, I just wish I would have gone with a brighter blue. Oh well...hindsight as they say.

As always, be sure to check out the other Twinsies and what they posted for our special! I wish you all a Happy Holiday, whatever you celebrate. And as for me, I wish you a Happy Festivus (a holiday for the rest of us)!



Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
           Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

5 comments:

  1. I love both manis you created! That dark blue is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, I love the accent nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are lovely! Great manicures for each theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you did this! Great accent nails for both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...