Monday, December 2, 2013

Icicle Nails - Holiday Nail Art Spectacular!

Hey friends! It's December already, and of course everyone is gearing up for the holiday season. I loooooove Christmas, almost to an unnatural degree. Borderline "Elf" level, folks. So it only makes sense to bring all that holiday revelry to the blog! Last year, I wasn't too confident in the nail art category to attempt much, but this year, I have stuff planned all month long! I even have something special in the works for the middle of the month, so keep an eye out!
 
I wanted to kick off my "Holiday Nail Art Spectacular" with something more wintery, for those not holiday inclined. And I know I say this every time, but Zoya Pixie Dust polishes are super fantastic for nail art purposes.


 
Used:
 
Essie - Mint Candy Apple
Zoya Pixie Dust - Tomoko
 
Nail Art brush
 
How great are the pixie dust icicles?!? I was super proud of myself for thinking of using Tomoko to make sparkly icicles. And since it is pixie dust, it was very easy to free hand, no tape needed or anything. I just painted little uneven lines and filled it out more towards the tips of my nails. I added a couple of dots to mimic water drips, as well.
 


It has been a while since I have had the creative urge to do some serious nail art, and it seems that lately all I have been posting is swatches - which is fine with me. But nail art is something I have really grown to love, and I want to keep the blog with an even mix of both. So yay for inspiration! Yay for holiday themed posts! Yay for Pixie Dust icicles!!!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...