Friday, February 22, 2013

Fashion Friday #3

Happy Friday! I am so ready for the weekend! Things are pretty crazy around my house lately and I am looking forward to having a couple of days to relax a little. Today is the third instalment of the Fashion/Nail Art collaboration I am doing with Camille from Pretty and Punk.
 

 
 
Used:
 
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
Essie - Cocktail Bling
 
Reinforcement Stickers
 
Alright, I'm not gonna lie, this was one difficult look to re-create. I love the ethereal smokey look of this Prabal Gurung floral print, but I don't think I was able to do it justice. I tried three different times and this was the most successful of the three. While I like the look, the application is far from perfect. Nail art is definitely something that takes practice! So for this look, I started off with a base of white, let it completely dry and then used paper reinforcement stickers and black polish to create the half moons (if you are unfamiliar with this technique, you can find lots of tuts on youtube & such that go over it). I then top coated everything and let it all dry completely. Once that was done, I used Essie Cocktail Bling as the base color for the floral design, using the brush to paint on irregular shapes. After that, I applied some white to the center with a small nail art brush, lightly blending the two colors (not too much, still wanted some white to show). Then I dropped a tiny bit of acetone in the middle to give it a softer look (again, search youtube for watercolor floral nails & you can find some neat stuff!) and used a thin brush with a bit of black to add a bit of detail, keeping it all very free hand and loose. Whew! I told you it was a bit difficult!
 
I only managed one look this week (since it was rather time consuming!), but I am ready to see what next week brings! Camille has such a great sense of style and it really makes me flex my artistic muscles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...