Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Polish Days: Seven Deadly Sins

Hey! I'm back again with another post today for Polish Days. If you aren't familiar with Polish Days, it is a monthly nail art theme group post started by the lovely Polly of Polly Polish. This month's theme was the Seven Deadly Sins.
 
I had such a hard time deciding which sin to use as inspiration, but finally narrowed it down to Gluttony. This is the sin I mostly associate with polish collection, and with every bottle I get, I am totally commiting it. I'm sure many of you out there in polish hoarding land can relate to this!

 
 
Used:
 
Nails Inc - Baker St.
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
Pure Ice - It's Complicated
 
Dotting Tool
Drinking Straw
 
Gluttony isn't about food, like many people think, it's about consuming an excessive amount of things and never being satisfied with what you have. I loved the idea of a "kitchen sink" mani to represent this because it is a little bit about being excessive. Not just one accent nail, but all the nails are different, with multiple designs, as if one isn't enough. I did glitter gradients, dotted, and even a splatter (that's where the drinking straw comes in) which happens to be my fav nail.
 
I used Baker St. because this is the polish that really pushed me over the edge. I remember first seeing swatches of it and having that (almost carnal) urge to own it. I needed it despite have other blue colors to pick from. I swear, I even had dreams of it!



What I think is really funny, is that practically every one of the seven sins can be applied to polish collection. We lust after polishes, we are greedy and gluttonous with collection, we take pride in our nails and blog about them, we are envious of others collections or even nail shape. I'm sure Sloth and Wrath are in there somewhere too. But, for me, this obsession hobby also brings me joy, excitement and I get to be part of an awesome community. So if I am gonna burn in hell, then I will be there with all of you, lol! (kidding, gosh!)

I am so looking forward to seeing the rest of the Polish Days posts and what everyone else came up with. And if you want to participate in the next theme, you can read all about it, here.

 

3 comments:

  1. perfect inspiration, perfect mani xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your splatter came out! I have the same history with Baker Street. There are two other polishes in my collection that are very close to it but I still had to have it. Didn't regret it one bit. Your nails are lovely, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...