Friday, May 2, 2014

Essie Hide & Go Chic - Spring/Summer 2014 Color Trend

Hey guys and gals! Are you all ready for the weekend? I can't believe it is already May! Summer is coming soon and I am sooo ready to go hang out at the lake!

Today I have another Spring/Summer color trend post to get you all ready for the summer! The great thing about the color palette this year is the versatility. Pantone chose colors that range from pastel, to neutral, to bright. After making our way through the pastels and neutrals, we turn our attention to the brighter side of the palette as the weather warms up. Dazzling Blue, with  it's distinct Mediterranean feel, is a great transition shade. Essie's Hide & Go Chic from the spring collection of the same name, fits the bill.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.



Essie Hide & Go Chic (Hide & Go Chic collection Spring 2014)

Hide & Go Chic is a rich lapis blue cream. The color seriously reminds me of the decor in a great Grecian restaurant that closed down a few years ago. While we have seen cobalt blue polishes like crazy (Nails Inc. Baker St. & Essie Butler Please), this is a noticeably different shade. It is deeper with a slightly dusty feel, as opposed to the super saturated variant. The formula was creamy and smooth, needing two coats for opacity. It is a little thick in consistency, and loading up the brush with polish can lead to drips or flooded cuticles. Dry time is on the longer side due to the thicker formula.



With blue being such a popular color, this polish will easily find a place in your summer wardrobe. Combine it with a glittery accent nails, and you will have a killer summer mani!

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

Essie is available in many retail locations, including Target and Walgreens. Products retail for $8 a piece. Prices may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...