Friday, September 26, 2014

Color Trends For Fall 2014

Hello friends! I didn't forget about you, I promise. I know posting has been sporadic lately and I do apologize. My personal and family life has taken a huge twist this month and it seems to have eaten up all of my blogging mojo. Despite all the changes that are taking place being positive ones, transitioning through everything has been a bit overwhelming and I am definitely feeling it! But I am eager to get back in the swing of things with new fall colors and some really fun stuff to show you all.

This past Tuesday, was the first day of fall and I couldn't be happier with the seasonal change! The fall collections are so good this year! If you are a regular reader, you know that I usually am not a fan of fall and winter collections, they are usually too dark and drab for my taste. Something about the color palette this year has really won me over and I am loving these seasonal hues.





Pantone's fall and winter color scheme mixes it up this year with unexpected and nontraditional hues. With the addition of pastels and neutrals to the more standard deep tones of the season, this palette creates a vintage feel that is prevalent in today's fashion and design.

The top four mainstream brands - China Glaze, Essie, O.P.I. and Zoya have taken inspiration from these colors again and have created some fantastic collections this year. I am really excited about their offerings and will be spending some time (and money!) with them over the next few weeks. 

So what are your thoughts? Are you feeling the colors this year? Do you follow color or seasonal trends? Honestly, most of the time I don't, but sometimes it's nice to have a little color inspiration now and then!

3 comments:

  1. There all nice! I don't really follow color trends but I do like to know which one is chosen for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I've been outed by Julie, I guess I should start giving you feedback too ;) Ha!

    I do follow color trends, led by Pantone as well as my intuition about what's going to be "hot" next. This fall I'm into dark red/maroon, dark teal, and black...but well, I'm ALWAYS into black. I'm also seeing some pretty fall designs happening right now - I'm gonna try leaves next, I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...