Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nubar Swatches

Nubar has been one of those brands that I don't have very much experience with, but love from afar. I broke down a while ago and did a bit of splurging.
 
 
 
Nubar Indigo Illusion
 
Indigo Illusion is one of Nubar's most popular duo chromes and I could instantly tell why as soon as I swatched it. The color shift, steel grey/blue/purple/pink, is outstanding and incredibly vibrant! Formula was flawless, perfectly thick, great flow and quick dry time. 2 coats to perfect duo chrome goodness. Indigo Illusion was the first one I tried, and it sold me hook line and sinker. I am completely smitten with Nubar!





 
Nubar Star Dust
 
Star Dust is another one of Nubar's amazing duo chromes. It has a gorgeous pink/orange/warm golden color shift. Again, the duo chrome effect is very obvious and so lovely. Same amazing formula as Indigo, a tad bit thinner tho. 3 coats for full coverage.


 
 

 
Nubar Gold Feather
 
Gold Feather is quite the deceptive polish. It is a sheer peach with a fantastic light green shimmer. Together, they create a stunning duo chrome effect. Despite the sheer quality, it took just 3 coats for full coverage.





 
Nubar Ruby Red Glitz
 
Ruby Red Glitz is a blue toned red jelly with red glitter. This isn't my usual polish choice. I'm not huge on red colors and tend to pick more unique finishes like Gold Feather. I think I am secretly getting excited for the holidays, and decided a glittery red jelly was just the thing to decorate my nails when December comes around. The glitter is really pretty and very sparkly, just rather hard to capture digitally. 3 coats, again, for full coverage.





 
Nubar Gem (from the prism collection)
 
Gem is a metallic purple toned taupe with chunky scattered holo. Out of all the bottles I ordered, this was my least favorite. It appears very pretty in the bottle, with an amazing holo sparkle, but the size of the glitter doesn't exactly sit in the polish, and dries rather gritty. 2 coats for full coverage.



I am definitely a fan of Nubar now, and I can be certain that I will be getting more of their amazing duo chromes! Any recommendation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...