Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Zoya Summer Pixie Dust Collection (Pic Heavy)

Hello everyone! I am so flippin' excited about today's post. I have the entire summer Pixie Dust collection, from Zoya, swatched for you guys! To be honest, when this whole textured trend started, I was heavily against it. None of the promo pics from any brand looked good, in my opinion. Once I started seeing swatches of the original Pixie Dust line, I was mildly interested. Then Zoya announced the summer collection, full of bright, sparkly colors. I was done for. I have lusted after these beauties for almost two months before I was able to get the whole collection. I totally splurged and it was totally worth it. This collection is at the top of my list for all time favs. They are that gorgeous!!!
 
The formula and application is the same for each, so I'll go over all that here. For each color, I used 2 coats. Application was easy with no typical problems that you would normally see with glitter type polishes. Formula was a good consistency as well. I did let the first initial coat dry before I applied the second coat. Dry time was a little bit longer than a typical polish. Removal was easy as well. I didn't have to resort to foil, just a cotton ball soaked with acetone remover. There is a bit of glitter residue after removal, so it can be kinda messy!

Please Note: Products were purchased by me for my own personal use.


 
Zoya Pixie Dust - Solange
 
Solange in a bright lemon yellow textured polish with gold and orange glitter. This is the one I wasn't expecting to like. In every picture online (including mine) it looks very metallic, but in person it is bright and cheery and sooooo sparkly! I think it may be the sparkliest one of the bunch. Absolutely gorgeous.


 
 
 
Zoya Pixie Dust - Beatrix
 
Beatrix is a juicy tangerine orange textured polish with gold glitter. Excuse me while I pass out from the awesomeness of this polish! Perfect for summer and just plain beautiful.
 
 

 
 
Zoya Pixie Dust - Destiny
 
Destiny is a red toned coral textured polish with gold glitter. If I had to pick a favorite (and that would be almost impossible) Destiny would be it. Mainly because I am obsessed with coral. Have I mentioned that already? Pretty sure I have...
 
Anyway. As soon as I got my package, I swatched this one first. The gold glitter plays so well with the warm coral and the crystalline effect of the Pixie Dust. Swoon.
 

 
 

 
Zoya Pixie Dust - Miranda
 
Miranda is a berry colored textured polish with silver glitter. Okay, so I'm not really a pink nail polish fan, but this is so pretty! The color base is almost jelly-like and tints the silver glitter a bit. Out of all the summer colors, this is the most work-appropriate color. It's not terrible bright, compared to the others, and looks like a more traditional polish, just with a bit more sparkle.


 
 

 
Zoya Pixie Dust - Stevie
 
Stevie is a lavender textured polish with silver glitter. It is a tiny bit darker and slightly more red than my pictures. My camera hates purple and wants to turn them all blue. Lame, I know. The silver glitter really stands out in this polish and is so much better looking in person.


 
 
 
 
Zoya Pixie Dust - Liberty
 
Liberty is a cobalt blue textured polish with silver glitter. The polish base is similar to Miranda with a jelly type consistency, giving the silver glitter a blue tint. Love me some blue polish, and this one is so pretty!




What can I say, other than I love them all. The matte sparkle is absolutely stunning in person and pictures just can't do it justice. My personal faves are Destiny, Beatrix and Liberty, but they are all gorgeous and if you are a magpie (like me), you need some Pixie Dust in your life!


Zoya Pixie Dust is available on line at  Zoya.com. Polishes retail for $9 a piece.

Please Note: Products were purchased by me for my own personal use. All opinions are my own. For more information, please see my disclosure policy, here

1 comment:

  1. They're all lovely! The warmer ones look like they wouldn't suit my skintone, but they look great on you! That was well worth a splurge x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...