Friday, April 25, 2014

Essie Cocktails And Coconuts - Spring/Summer Color Trend

Hey everyone! After a crazy week, I was finally able to get a post written up for you guys. Today I have more Fashion Friday goodness with another Spring/Summer Color Trend polish!

Among the soft pastels and vivid brights, Pantone mixed in a couple of neutrals for this season's color palette. Sand is a perfect neutral contrast for the bright colors. Essie's Cocktails & Coconuts from the Resort Fling collection is my new favorite nude, and a fantastic "sand" shade.


Essie Cocktails & Coconuts (Resort Fling Collection 2014)

Cocktails & Coconuts is a nude cream with Essie's signature shimmer - as seen in the Summer 2013 collection. It is rather hard to capture the shimmer in the nude base digitally, but it sparkles quite nicely in person. The color is fantastic, very clean and sophisticated. It is definitely going to be my go-to nude this season. Formula was really good as well. In the past, Essie's softer shades have had problematic formulas, more often than not. But this was two easy coats!


Despite my affinity for the brighter colors, I love a good neutral. I think this is as close to perfect as a neutral can get, for me personally. And I am particularly fond of the shimmer!

The Essie Resort Fling collection, precedes the spring collection, so this polish may be a bit harder to find in stores, but it is widely available on line via Amazon and the like.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

Essie is available in many retail locations, including Target and Walgreens. Products retail for $8 a piece. Prices may vary.

1 comment:

  1. The soft nude shades are always very classy! Great swatch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...