Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fair Maiden Polish Once Upon A Dream

Hi friends! Today I have a polish from a brand new Indie brand - Fair Maiden Polish! I love discovering new indies, especially when they have a solid branding and a fantastic first collection.

I saw Fair Maiden Polish pop up on my Instagram feed a few weeks ago and fell instantly in polish love! The initial collection - Be Your Own Heroine (girl power, yay!), consists of ten polishes and a spectraflair topcoat. Although I do have about 4 from the BYOH collection on my wish list, I opted to try out Once Upon A Dream.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.


Fair Maiden Polish - Once Upon A Dream


Once Upon A Dream is a soft rosy pink crelly with a gorgeous golden shimmer. This particular shade of pink is so pretty, and although I tend to stay away from most pinks, the blue undertones give it a slightly purple hue that I adore. And I think it looks fabulous on me, lol! The formula is outstanding, especially for a premier collection. The quality of the product often shows how much effort an Indie creator puts in to it, and this is definitely a quality product! The application was flawless - literally. I didn't have to use my clean up brush at all. The polish flowed smoothly from the brush and stayed put! No dragging, pooling, or streaking! This is three coats for full opacity. I was fine with two, but had a tiny bit of VNL showing up in my pics, so I opted for a third. If you paint with thinner coats, you may need that third. I do think adding that third coat extended the dry time a little bit. It was still fairly soft after about five minutes with my top coat already applied.


(Macro)

I am really excited about this brand and hope to grow my collection in the next several months. Sarah & Adrienne, the two ladies behind Fair Maiden Polish, have already released a winter collection that looks very very promising! So if you haven't already checked them out, do so! I promise you won't be sorry!

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

Fair Maiden Polish is available on line. Products retail for $9 a piece.

2 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! Kind of looks like a orchid color to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty shade! I love when indies do more than glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...