Thursday, November 15, 2012

Color Club Winter Affair Collection Swatches

Hey all! I have a few polishes from the Color Club Winter Affair holiday collection. Apparently, there are two versions of this collection out, one exclusive at Sally's Beauty Supply that is scented, and another unscented available everywhere else that Color Club is sold. I actually ordered these three polishes from Haute Look, so I got one scented and two unscented. Weird, huh.


 
Color CLub - Ho Ho Holly
 
Ho Ho Holly is a warm green and gold foil similar to Zoya's Logan. I haven't done a swatch comparison yet, but bottle comparisons, Ho Ho Holly is a warmer green with a bit more gold. Formula was excellent. 2 coats for coverage. No dragging or clumping either. I love foils & I love green polish, so this one was instant like, for me.
 
I got the scented version of Ho Ho Holly, and it smells a bit like pine scented Men's aftershave. I felt the smell was a bit strong, especially at first. I am rather sensitive to powerful scents, so I would have preferred an unscented color.
 
 

 
Color Club - Winter Affair
 
Winter Affair is a gorgeous shimmery red wine polish, perfect for the holidays. Same great formula as before, though I did need a top coat for this one as it dried a bit dull.
 
This polish is the unscented version, also, the Sally's version is a different color - a gold foil with a vanilla scent. Not sure why there are different colors, but I'm glad I have this one.
 
 

 
Color Club - Snow Flakes over Winter Affair
 
Snow Flakes is a red/green flakie polish, a la Essie Shine of the Times and such. Not too original, but it's nice to have a back up, love me some flakies!
 
This one seems to be unscented, but I can't tell & I haven't found any other info saying otherwise.
 
 
If you're a fan of scented polish, check out the collection exclusive to Sally's, if not Color Club is available at a variety of places on line!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I do like that green colour! You need more followers, great content and love reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks & I agree! i really appreciate the compliment!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...