Friday, March 8, 2013

China Glaze Avant Garden

Hey all! I have a few polishes from the wonderful China Glaze Avant Garden collection to share today! When I first saw promo pics for the collection, I can honestly say, I wasn't really captivated by it, but the more swatches I saw, from other bloggers, the more it drew me in. I ended up getting a lot of the colors (except for a couple of the pastels) and really love them!
 
 
 
China Glaze - Budding Romance
 
Budding Romance is a murky mossy green jelly. It is such an interesting color! At first I wasn't sure about it, but after seeing a few swatches, I knew I had to have it. It is definitely not for everyone, but if you like unusual colors, be sure to grab it! Since it is a jelly, a very gentle and patient application is needed. 3 careful coats achieved full coverage, but I did have to redo a few nails, because I didn't wait long enough between coats and either smudged them or got bubbles. I cannot wait to find a glitter for a jelly sandwich with this!

 
 
 
China Glaze - Mimosa's Before Mani's
 
Mimosa's Before Mani's (please excuse the horrid grammatical error) is a fantastic bright coral with a subtle orange shimmer. Have I said, how obsessed with coral I am this season? I need MOAR! This is particularly  great shade, and shimmer, although barely noticeable, adds a nice little depth. The formula was a bit streaky on the first coat, but the second smoothed everything out. I used 2 thicker coats, you may need 3, depending on how you apply the polish. Dry time was about average.
 


 
China Glaze - Passion For Petals
 
Passion For Petals is a bright raspberry pink cream. I usually don't go for colors like this, but it is so vivid and fun, that I had to get it and I'm so glad I did, it's fabulous! The formula is just as great. It flowed perfectly, and seemed to paint itself! 2 coats, no dragging, streaking, or any other issues. And it dries super shiny! It does stain cuticles so be careful.
 


 
China Glaze - Tart-y For The Party
 
Tart-y For The Party is a bright pastel lilac purple. I love that it is a bright pastel, as opposed to a chalky one. Great color, but a bit more red than my picture. I love it so much, and I will for sure be using it quite often! Formula was okay, I had some trouble getting an even coat, but it eventually leveled out.
 
 

 
China Glaze - Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday is a very bright sky blue cream. This makes my heart swoon! This is seriously the color of a cloudless Texas sky during spring and summer. I love it so hard! Formula was almost identical to Tart-y For The Party. And it stains like a mother, so be sure to wear undies!
 
 
This is such a great collection, and China Glaze really outdid themselves with it. I will most certainly be grabbing Fancy Pants and Keep Calm, Paint On the next time my Sally's has them in stock.
 
What are your favorite colors for spring? Pastels or Brights?

P.S. - Be sure to check back Sunday for my 100th post & a surprise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...