Monday, August 12, 2013

China Glaze Hologlam Not In This Galaxy

Hey y'all! Hope you guys had a nice weekend! Having a break from being mom and spending time with my husband was wonderful. It had been way too long since our last date night!
 
Today, I have one of the polishes from the China Glaze Hologlam line. Even though I am technically on a no buy, I found them marked down on line and decided to grab a couple.
 
Please Note: Products were purchased by me for my personal use.
 
China Glaze Not In This Galaxy
 
China Glaze Hologlam - Not In This Galaxy

China Glaze Not In This Galaxy
 
 
Not In This Galaxy is a warm pink metallic linear holographic polish. I swear, in almost every swatch on line for this one, it was way more coral (even peachy in one particular shot) than in person. I knew the holo was already weak, but the color difference was a big let down. I'm not one to go for pinks like this, but it is pretty and flattering none the less. The formula was good, very reminiscent of the New Bohemian luster chromes actually. My impatient application did leave a few brush strokes behind. Very quick dry time. Also, top coats do dull what little holo there is.

China Glaze Not In This Galaxy

China Glaze Not In This Galaxy
 
China Glaze Hologlam - Not In This Galaxy (macro)
 
The holographic effect is pretty weak, but it is there. My apologies for the lack of daylight shots. Too many trees, too many clouds and not enough time to find some sunshine. Fortunately, there is no need for a special base like Nfu Oh Aqua Base for the application. Other than that, I like it and I am glad I didn't have to pay $15 for it! Also, I'm thinking it will be good for stamping!
 
If you are lucky to have a Sally's Beauty Supply near you, I would suggest checking their clearance section. After purchasing these on line, I went to Sally's and found almost the entire line in the clearance for about $5 a bottle. Otherwise, you can go on line to 8ty8beauty and find the Hologlam collection for the same price (plus shipping).
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...